Saturday, April 4, 2009

Teodora's Dance of Joy

After three and a half years of play I have finally gotten a second toon to level 60. It’s been a really long time coming for Teodora. She was my main on Thorium Brotherhood prior to the Burning Crusade and in a year of play she was only a level 52. Alas, she suffered from the fact I had never played this type of game before and had no idea what stats were for or how talents worked. I was just kind of stumbling around in the dark trying not to die too often.

Then, with Burning Crusade, my son and his girlfriend decided to take pity on me and try out the game. We all rolled Blood Elves on Ravenholdt and Tedra was born. Now she had an unfair advantage over Teodora because my son knew what he was doing and I began my lessons in how to be a better hunter. Oscyris talked about Agility and Stamina and Gear. He talked about specs and which pets were better for different situations. And dungeons, dungeons, dungeons. Apparently the game was full of dungeons you could do in groups. He talked about trapping and feign death. Tedra became my main and stayed that way.

I then shared my addiction, via a trail version, with a friend from work. She rolled on Sisters of Elune so I transferred Teodora there with a thought to playing with her sometimes, but she rolled Alliance. Of course with my focus on Tedra, Teodora just sat lonely and neglected on Sisters of Elune. Then last month, for various reasons, I decided to transfer Tedra (who became Tedrah on transfer) to Sisters of Elune. And now my friend, Moondance, who had been playing on her Alliance toon (Teriana) was fast closing in on Teodora’s level 52.

I quickly got Teodora out of the cupboard and put her to work. So Moondance and Teodora have been happily moving right along this past month doing low level quests and dungeons. Teodora dropped alchemy and picked up inscription to go with her herbalism.

Then night before last, Teodora stepped thru the Dark Portal at level 58 with the idea of simply getting her books for her professions that have been sitting at 300 (except for newly picked up inscription). And one thing led to another and a few hours and quests later Teodora dinged 60. She promptly went back thru the portal and did her training and picked up a fast mount.

Her goal now is to stay in Azeroth until she completes the Loremaster achievements for Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. This means she will be in Azeroth a long time as she is no where near these achievements. I can’t quite figure out how she ever got to level 52 doing so few quests. She hasn’t even done the Nessingwary line in Stranglethorn. So now Teodora is backtracking and trying to use all the knowledge Oscyris gave me and my now three years+ experience to get her on the right track.


Stay tuned for Teodora updates. She and her faithful gorilla, Dahmoo will be seeing you around the world

No comments:

Post a Comment